Bittel Vision Care Center specializes in evaluating our patients’ needs in order to fit them with the best contact lenses to suit their vision and lifestyle. We are dedicated to patient care and we take the time to instruct our patients on proper insertion, removal, and care of their contact lens.
We provide a variety of contact lens options including:
Soft Lenses - Made from a gel-like, water-containing plastic.
- Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses – allow more oxygen to pass through to the eye than with traditional soft lenses.
- Available in daily, 2 week, monthly, and extended varieties.
Toric Lenses – have two different powers in the lens to correct for astigmatism as well as myopia or hyperopia. Because they are made to stay in position on the eye for better visual acuity, the lenses may be heavier on the bottom to keep them from rotating. Toric options are available in both soft and Rigid Gas Permeable lenses.
Bifocal Lenses – contain different powers in different zones to correct for presbyopia and allowing for clear vision near and far.
Fashion Color Lenses – in many options to enhance or even change your eye color available in many lens options.
Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses – made from rigid, waterless plastics. RGP lenses provide many benefits for the wearer including:
- Crisp Vision
- Easy Care
- Deposit Resistance – from the proteins in your natural tears that can build up on soft contact lenses.
- Easy Handling – they are less likely to lose their shape or tear.
- Excellent Eye Health – allowing more oxygen to reach the eye and less chance for infection.
- Good Value – one pair can last up to a year
- Great for patients with high astigmatism or presbyopia.
Because RGP lenses are a smaller diameter than traditional soft lenses, they can be a bit uncomfortable for the wearer at first. This discomfort quickly goes away as your eye becomes used to the lens. Once patients make the initial adjustment, they find that RGP lenses are superior to soft lenses in many ways.